Never shy away from incorporating pumpkin into fall cooking, especially in savory dishes. The epitome of a fall casserole—layers of pumpkin, cheese, and bacon meld together perfectly for a taste of the season in every bite.
Ingredients: For the pumpkin sauce
Ingredients: For the pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the sauce: puree the garlic, pumpkin, chicken broth, milk, olive oil, salt, sage, nutmeg, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, stopping slightly early so the pasta can finish cooking in the oven. Drain, and set aside. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and add the chicken, cooking for 10–15 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove from the water, and shred. Toss the cooked pasta, chicken, and bacon with the pumpkin sauce, and ½ cup of the cheeses.
- Transfer to a greased 9”x 13” baking dish, top with remaining cheese, and cover with greased foil to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and let stand a few minutes before serving.
You may also like:
Decor & DIY | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Home Improvement | Aug 17, 2020
Best Home Upgrades for Under $500
Home Improvement | Jun 5, 2021
Value-Added Outdoor Improvements
Buying & Selling | May 22, 2019
10 Top Traits of Good Neighbors
Buying & Selling | Apr 22, 2020