Photography by Toni Zernik
One-pan dishes are a lifesaver when I don’t really feel like cooking or doing the dishes (okay, I pretty much never feel like doing the dishes).
This One-Pan Mushroom Gnocchi uses mostly pantry staples, meaning it comes together quickly while still being well-balanced. Try out this gnocchi dish when you’re craving something easy and nourishing that’s still packed with flavor!
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes, until the water has released and evaporated from the mushrooms.
- Add the gnocchi, salt, pepper and remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, and sauté for 3 minutes with the lid on. You’ll notice that the gnocchi will begin to brown and crisp up.
- Add the vegetable stock and use your spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes with the lid off.
- Add the cannellini beans, kale, nutritional yeast and lemon juice, and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the kale has wilted.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
I encourage you to season this gnocchi recipe based on your personal taste preferences. Add more lemon juice for a brighter, tangier flavor, more salt or pepper for more seasoning or more nutritional yeast for a cheesy, savory flavor.
Most grocery stores carry a variety of canned white beans, such as cannellini beans, white navy beans and white beans. Any of these options will work!
Reprinted with permission from The Simple Vegan Kitchen by Lauren McNeill. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Toni Zernik.